Our consultants improve the effectiveness of our clients’ IT architectures. By offering:
- extensive knowledge of investment banking products and business processes
- experience of architectural best practices and standards
- insight into how to avoid common architectural mistakes
- unparalleled expertise with business decision and business rule and decision based finance architectures
- change process design and monitoring skills
- team mentoring and knowledge transfer
- management of vendor product selection
- long term support
Here is a selection of recent engagements.
- A 24 month, time and materials contract for a major investment bank to devise, architect and prototype their second generation, rule-based subledger. During this assignment we provided support for requirements capture and accounting policy design, whilst delivering the design of a highly scalable architecture and a rule based environment which supported the control of accounting policy evolution by business SMEs, rather than IT.
- A 9 month, time and materials contract (with a result guarantee) for a major investment bank in which we specified the rule architecture, mined rules from existing sources, designed the rule repository, built the rule-base of and performance tuned a transactional, rule-based accounting system; we mentored two business architects to be self-sufficient in making and deploying rule changes; this system has now been live for over two years and processes five million events per hour. Discover more details about this typical finance assignment.
- A 24 month, time and materials contract for one of the top-five investment banks in which we managed the requirements capture, specified, architected and designed the components of a rule-based accounting system for interest rate derivatives; we mentored and led a developer team to build and test the software (using automated regression testing); this system is still live today, over nine years later.
- A 18 month, time and materials contract (with a result guarantee) for one of the top-five investment banks in which we co-authored a statement of business requirements, performed a product evaluation, lead an international team in the architecture, design and build of a transactional, business rule based accounting engine; this system has now been live for seven years.
- A 16 month, time and materials contract for one of the top-five investment banks to project manage, analyze, architect, design, build and test the rule-based customer relationship system; we provided architectural best practices and review, we mentored the client’s staff in rule design and authoring so that ultimately our personnel could be replaced by theirs and we performed project health monitoring for the project’s sponsors; this system has been live for four years.
- A 12 month, part fixed price contract to supply a rule-based reconciliation system for a top-three retail bank; we captured requirements, produced the business specifications, prototyped, designed, built and tested the rule-based reconciliation component and performed mentoring and training for the client’s personnel; the system is still live over two years later.
- A 1 month, fixed price contract to kick start the consolidation of the enterprise rule adoption of a top-five investment bank; we provided a combination of training, on-the-job mentoring and rule implementation to three of their core projects in the UK.